First – a thank you to 2freehosting.com for providing a platform that can be used for free modpack hosting.
Second – despite the TechnicSolder shared hosting installation instructions being fairly straightforward, there is an error you’ll run in to (with any “free” hosting provider really), that unless you do this kind of thing for a living, will pull out [what remaining] hair you have.
The TL;DR version is:
1) Install locally somewhere to get the DB created via artisan (see below)
2) Copy all TechnicSolder files to the host – edit the relevant configs per the install guide.
3) Export/Import mysql database (since we don’t have CMD line access to PHP)
4) Attempt to access the site and pull your hair out at the following error:
Undefined offset: 6
/usr/lib/php/head.php on line 90
5) Search Google for hours only to find lackluster results and the standard slew of unhelpful people.
6) Figure out that your host being naughty and is appending a blank header file that doesn’t normally interfere with anything but TechnicSolder for whatever reason.
7) Add the command “php_value auto_prepend_file none” to your .htaccess file and fix the issue.
Hopefully this helps someone given the lack of documentation/helpfulness of others on various forums. Yes, I am a bit bitter.